Robusta Retractable Window Awning
Enjoy Increased Shade and Privacy
Install Retractable Window Awnings for Your Home in Orange County & San Diego, CA
With a unique 165-degree range of motion, retractable window awnings provide varying degrees of shade. Whether the sun is high in the sky or low on the horizon, control exactly how much sun enters your home.
The Robusta Retractable Window Awning may be the only awning system you’ll ever need. While offering the same high-end quality that’s built into all Accent-made products, it guarantees sun protection that is built to last. The Robusta is offered in three tasteful hardware colors with over 100+ fabric colors that will beautifully accent any home décor.
At Accent Awnings, we provide our clients with high-quality custom window awnings that can help keep the heat out of your home. Our outdoor window awnings are designed with excellence in mind; each one is crafted right here in the United States, allowing us to have greater control over the design and the materials used. Each is rigorously tested to make sure they meet our high standards, ensuring that we can provide you with an excellent modern window awning for your home in Orange County and the IE, LA, and San Diego, CA Counties.
What Makes an Exterior Window Awning a Retractable Awning?
Retractable window awnings are awnings that can open and close with a hand crank, remote control or at the touch of a switch. Retractable window awnings have the best range of motion and versatility when it comes to guarding your home from the sun. They function from zero degrees to a 165-degree angle out and over your space to provide shade, privacy and style.
Providing Custom Products to Our Clients
The Robusta is the perfect window awning style to increase comfort and lower energy costs. Awnings for windows work by blocking the sun’s rays before they penetrate the glass. The Robusta can cover all or part of your window to provide unparalleled shade and privacy. Exterior window awnings put you in control of the sun’s heat, with cool shade at your fingertips. The Robusta Retractable Window Awning is offered in three hardware colors with over 100+ fabric selections that will accent any home décor.
Your home’s first line of defense against the sun should be exterior. Shade your home with well-placed trees, vine-covered trellises, or wide overhangs such as retractable awnings to help reduce indoor temperature by as much as 20 oF on a hot day!
Get more out of your Robusta Retractable Window Awning with add-on features and options including sun and wind sensors, timers, remote controls and optional hoods to add to the appeal and function of your outdoor shade.
- Sunbrella® brand solution-dyed acrylic – 100 plus solids and stripes
- Marine/Awning grade
- Water repellant
- Fade and stain resistant
- SolarFix PTFE
- Three times more durable than bonded polyester
- Electro-statically applied powder-coated finish
- Oven baked for superior durability
- White (RAL 9010)
- Brown (RAL 8019)
- Cream (RAL 1015)
- Two-part spring-loaded retracting arm
- The arm consists of a thick-walled tubular aluminum extrusion with a durable interior cable connected to an individual inner tension spring
- Arm joints are high-quality cast aluminum that’s been tumble-polished and then powder-coated
- From 12in. to 72in., custom made to the quarter inch
- 3ft. to 20 ft., cut to the customer’s exact requirement
- Galvanized high-strength brackets with pre-formed slots for mounting screws
- Custom extruded 6063-T5 aluminum powder-coated profile
- 6063-T5 aluminum extrusion 72mm diameter
- Manually – Worm gear and crank handle
- Motorized – SOMFY tubular motors housed inside the fabric roller tube
Nuts & Bolts
- Aircraft quality stainless steel nuts and bolts utilized throughout construction and installation
A Range of Options to Meet Your Needs
- Wind Sensors: High winds can be a potential problem for retractable awnings. Wind sensors can help you address this issue. These sensors are designed to detect changes in the wind; when the wind gets too strong, the sensors will cause your window awnings to automatically retract, helping to keep them safe.
- Sun/Wind Sensors: You want to ensure that your home stays comfortable. Manually adjusting your awnings can sometimes be a hassle; thankfully, sun sensors can help make things easier. These sensors will adjust your awnings according to the angle of the sun, allowing you to make sure that only the right amount of light is entering your home.
- Timers: Timers can be useful if you don’t want to worry about manually controlling when your awnings are extended or retracted. By setting a timer, it can do the work for you, bringing your awnings in or extending them again at just the right time.
- Remote Control Systems: A remote control system can be an incredibly convenient feature. These systems can allow you to control your awnings from anywhere in your home or yard with just a push of a button. This way, you can avoid the extra hassle of trying to manually adjust your retractable window awnings.
- Manual Override Motor: There may come a point when you need to manually operate your motorized awnings. This can be difficult under normal circumstances—but our SOMFY electronic controls offer a solution in the form of a manual override motor. This way, you can easily and effectively operate your window awnings, regardless of the situation.
- Optional Hood: If you want to protect your awnings and add some extra aesthetic appeal, then a hood could be a good addition. Our Robusta Retractable Window Awnings can come with hoods in a range of different colors, allowing you to find one that will perfectly suit your unique tastes and style. See More
Learn More About How We Can Help
We are a well-established company that’s been serving clients in Orange County and the IE, LA, and San Diego, CA Counties, for over 44 years. Our aim is to make sure our clients get the superior solar protection that they need. If you would like to learn more—or want to get a free in-home estimate—then consider reaching out to us today. We’ll be glad to help you have custom window awnings tailored to your needs.
We offer retractable awnings for patios as well as windows; learn more about the Elite Retractable Patio Awning, Elite Cassette Retractable Awning, Uni-Lux Retractable Patio Awning, or Econo-Lux Retractable Patio Awning.
The Elite Retractable Awning is built using the highest quality materials and engineered for versatility, durability and elegance.Read More
The Elite Cassette Retractable Awning provides a unique system featuring the added benefit of a protective fabric enclosure.Read More
The Uni-Lux, our mid-level retractable awning, is ideal for the cost-conscious customer and doesn’t compromise on quality.Read More
The Econo-Lux offers a “ready-made” solution for those in need of a quality exterior shading system that’s also economical.Read More
The Robusta, our Retractable Window Awning, can cover all or part of your window to provide unparalleled shade and privacy.Read More
The Riviera is an economical yet classic stationary awning in the traditional sense of taste and style and our most popular fixed awning that is simple and cost effective.Read More
Spear & Decorative
The Spear and Decorative awnings, inspired by a combination of French and Italian themes enhance the appearance of both classic and contemporary homes.Read More
The Dome style awning can be customized to match various architectural contours such as rounded windows or recessed arches.Read More
The Orleans style awning, reminiscent of the fixed awnings in the city of New Orleans, offers instant curb appeal to an otherwise simple door or window.Read More
The Sun-Pro is the company’s heavy-duty drop shade system built for larger openings such as sliding doors, stucco overhangs, entrance ways or any opening in which the tracks can be mounted vertically.Read More
The Sun-Pro Jr. is our smaller version of the original Sun-Pro system perfect for openings up to 10 feet wide and 10 feet high.Read More
Since 1979, the Patio-Pro drop shade remains the most popular exterior rolling shade we offer and perfect for openings that need a versatile track system.Read More