Motors & Electronics
About Somfy Motor Systems
Somfy is the world’s leading manufacturer of specialized retractable awning motors and awning electronics for retractable awnings, exterior shades, interior shades, and other electrical exterior roll-up applications for the home. All electronics are tested for compliance with specific electricity standards for buildings and performance standards defined by Somfy.
For more than three decades, engineers at Somfy have been designing quality, high-performance awning electronics and awning motors that provide you with the best possible solution for comfort, convenience, shading, and extra living space. A Somfy awning motor can put a home in motion at the touch of a button or automatically … Electronics that make life easier and more enjoyable in Southern California.
Headquartered in Cranbury, New Jersey, Somfy Systems manufactures and distributes awning motors and electronics products for the North American market, including the United States and Canada. From a distribution perspective, Somfy Systems has earned a reputation for being the industry’s most professional, responsive, and service-oriented company. It’s no surprise that Somfy Systems has a broad base of highly qualified customers throughout North America, including Accent Awnings, who have integrated Somfy awning motors and awning electronics into their product lines to provide the consumer with the best possible solution for shading, security, comfort, and convenience.
Remote Control Options
Operate your awning from wherever you are using your remote control and adjust it to the ideal position at the touch of a button. Your Telis Patio remote control is weather resistant and shockproof — ideal for outside use.
The wireless DecoFlex radio switch is compatible with all RTS motors and receivers. It will operate window coverings at a distance with no wiring between the switch and motor or receiver.
Radio Technology Somfy® (RTS) is the ultimate choice for automating retractable awnings and rolling drop shades. In Somfy’s RTS line the radio receiver is integrated in the motor eliminating any wiring between motor and controls, making installation both quick and easy. Somfy’s RTS motors and controls combine innovative design and optimal technical features with the reliability, sturdy construction and maintenance free aspects of our standard LT and manual override motors.
Somfy Chronis Timer Control
The Somfy® Chronis Timer RTS® Remote combines the functionality of a single channel RTS hand-held control with the convenience of a programmable timer. This new control option is compatible with all Radio Technology Somfy® (RTS®) motorized applications and offers simple programming and easy operation.
- Quick Set Feature: Easily program or change the automatic operation of motorized window coverings with a brief button press.
- Automatic Mode: Schedule one open and one close function per day with different scheduled operations available for weekends and weekdays.
- Manual Mode: Easily operate motorized shades according to user preferences and override the programmed operation at any time.
- Pre-Programmed: Default time programmed in the factory.(7:30am UP, 8:00pm DOWN).
- Hand-held / Wall Mount: Easy to use hand-held transmitter with available wall mount clip.
NOTE: The Somfy® Chronis Timer Operates All Units as a Group. For Multiple Units with Individual Control, a separate Multiple Channel Remote is Required.
- LT Motor Model: The Somfy® Systems LT series motor is Somfy’s standard motor and is the highest quality such motor throughout the industry. The LT Motor is non-remote and operates by a hardwired wall switch. By choosing a product “Powered By Somfy”, you can be sure that you are making the right choice. It is a guarantee of quality which certifies both performance and reliability. So keep an eye out for the Somfy® logo to guarantee you are buying the best motorized products! Because Somfy® systems make your awnings & shades so easy to use, you’ll use them more often, lowering indoor temperatures by as much as 20 degrees and reducing sunlight and glare by as much as 94%. Somfy Systems and Somfy Motors provide control of your motorized awning at the push of a button.
- RTS Motor Model: Remote Control Motors using Radio Technology Somfy® (RTS) is the ultimate choice for automating retractable patio awnings, window awnings and exterior drop shade or rolling screens. In Somfy’s RTS line the radio receiver is integrated in the motor eliminating any wiring between motor and controls, making installation both quick and easy. Somfy’s RTS motors are highly versatile allowing upgraded features as well as the addition of other awnings and or shades, without additional wiring. Operate a single as well as multiple systems with one hand held remote. Somfy’s RTS motors and controls combine innovative design and optimal technical features with the reliability, sturdy construction and maintenance free aspects.
- CMO Motor Model: Somfy® offers a Crank Manual Override motor for those customers in remote locations that are frequently affected by power outages. The CMO Motor allows a customer to crank the awning in or out in case of a power outage. This override capability is the feature component of Somfy’s CMO as well as the CMO/RTS line of products.
All Somfy® products are tested for compliance with specific electricity standards for buildings as well as performance standards defined by Somfy. Somfy products have received 600 approvals in 40 countries. The product return rate is less than 1%. Somfy obtained the ISO 9001 certification in 1995.
- WIND / MOTION SENSOR w/ SWITCH: The Somfy 3 D Wind Sensors are wireless and compatible with the RTS / Remote motors. The Wind Sensor is a motion sensor and it comes with either a RTS Wire free Switch or a Hand Held Remote. One motion sensor system is required for each awning or shade.
- REMOTE WIND 24-V RTS SENSOR: The Somfy RTS sensor is a 24V radio sensor compatible with the Altus and RTS motors. The RTS Eolis is a wind sensor and it comes with a 24V DC transformer to provide power; otherwise additional wiring is not needed. One system can operate multiple awnings or shades.
- REMOTE WIND MOTION SENSOR: The Somfy Motion sensor is a radio sensor compatible with the Altus and RTS motors. The motion sensor is a wind sensor powered by Lithium batteries; no direct wiring is needed. One system is required for each awning or shade.
The Elite Retractable Awning is built using the highest quality materials and engineered for versatility, durability and elegance.Read More
The Elite Cassette Retractable Awning provides a unique system featuring the added benefit of a protective fabric enclosure.Read More
The Uni-Lux, our mid-level retractable awning, is ideal for the cost-conscious customer and doesn’t compromise on quality.Read More
The Econo-Lux offers a “ready-made” solution for those in need of a quality exterior shading system that’s also economical.Read More
The Robusta, our Retractable Window Awning, can cover all or part of your window to provide unparalleled shade and privacy.Read More
The Riviera is an economical yet classic stationary awning in the traditional sense of taste and style and our most popular fixed awning that is simple and cost effective.Read More
Spear & Decorative
The Spear and Decorative awnings, inspired by a combination of French and Italian themes enhance the appearance of both classic and contemporary homes.Read More
The Dome style awning can be customized to match various architectural contours such as rounded windows or recessed arches.Read More
The Orleans style awning, reminiscent of the fixed awnings in the city of New Orleans, offers instant curb appeal to an otherwise simple door or window.Read More
The Sun-Pro is the company’s heavy-duty drop shade system built for larger openings such as sliding doors, stucco overhangs, entrance ways or any opening in which the tracks can be mounted vertically.Read More
The Sun-Pro Jr. is our smaller version of the original Sun-Pro system perfect for openings up to 10 feet wide and 10 feet high.Read More
Since 1979, the Patio-Pro drop shade remains the most popular exterior rolling shade we offer and perfect for openings that need a versatile track system.Read More